If I think to do a work at tea stall at my 10th birthday then I have to think over my parents saveral times.. And may be I would blame my parents for mine such position.
HERE I HAVE SOME STATISTICS OF INDIA
Child labour in India and rest of the world, during 2003 in 10–14 age group, per World Bank India with estimated 11%, is in green with 10-20% incidence levels, along with countries in red (30–40%) and black (40%-100%).
Child Labour is the practice of having children engage in economic activity, on part- or full-time basis. The practice deprives children of their childhood, and is harmful to their physical and mental development. Poverty, lack of good schools and growth of informal economy are considered as the important causes of child labour in India. The 1998 national census of India estimated the total number of child labour, aged 4–15, to be at 12.6 million, out of a total child population of 253 million in 5–14 age group.
A 2009–10 nationwide survey found child labour prevalence had reduced to 4.98 million children (or less than 2% of children in 5–14 age group). The 2011 national census of India found the total number of child labour, aged 5–14, to be at 4.35 million, and the total child population to be 259.64 million in that age group. The child labour problem is not unique to India; worldwide, about 217 million children work, many full-time.
Indian law specifically defines 64 industries as hazardous and it is a criminal offence to employ children in such hazardous industries. In 2001, an estimated 1% of all child workers, or about 120,000 children in India were in a hazardous job.
I’ll later discuss about the newest amendment on Child Labour Act, but first take a look on our fundamental rights..
According to our constitution we have saveral fundamental rights within articles 14 to 32. That means from right to equality to Constitutional Remedies.
But in 86th Constitutional Amendment Act of 2002 , a new article inserted in Article 21 I.e.
According to article 21st A , its the duty of state government of India to provide free education to all the children within age group of 6-14 years.
But instead of all actions took by our state governments due inefficiency of administration, outcomes are so sad as you could imagine after seeing the above info.
Instead of studying our still a large part of future generation is labouring or rag pickers.
CAUSE OF THIS
According to me there are four main problems:-
1) UNEDUCATED PARENTS:- Because the parents are not sufficient educated so they think that by doing some work their children will earn some money. So they don’t allow their children to go to schools.
2) MASS POVERTY:- Yes, due to this specially in rural areas, parents are not able to even feed their offsprings twice. Thus they can’t afford a school.And force offsprings to earn money.
3) INEFFECTIVE ADMINISTRATION:- Today’s condition of education system in India is rupturing very badly because of heading. Even our government has been making so many laws but due to their ineffective implementations , they are shining just on papers not in practice.
4) NO STEPS FROM SCHOOLS:- Actually in today’s India schools has became an institution of income instead of house of knowledge. And government schools are more bad . There is no sufficient teachers and also there is full of corruption in recruitment of teachers of State Government Aided Schools. If we except Mid Day Meal scheme then there is no such measures taken by government schools to promote educations in India. And this is destroying our India’s future generation..
RECENT AMENDMENT OF CHILD LABOUR ACT IS JUST SHOW OFF
No child shall be employed or permitted to work in any occupation or
(2) Nothing in sub-section (1) shall apply where the child,—
(a) helps his family or family enterprise, which is other than any hazardous
occupations or processes set forth in the Schedule, after his school hours or
(b) works as an artist in an audio-visual entertainment industry, including
advertisement, films, television serials or any such other entertainment or sports
activities except the circus, subject to such conditions and safety measures, as
may be prescribed:
Provided that no such work under this clause shall effect the school
education of the child.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this section, the expression,
(a) ‘‘family’’ in relation to a child, means his mother, father, brother,
sister and father’s sister and brother and mother’s sister and brother;
(b) ‘‘family enterprise’’ means any work, profession, manufacture or
business which is performed by the members of the family with the
engagement of other persons;
(c) ‘‘artist’’ means a child who performs or practices any work as a
hobby or profession directly involving him as an actor, singer, sports
person or in such other activity as may be prescribed relating to the
entertainment or sports activities falling under clause (b) of sub-section
6. After section 3 of the principal Act, the following section shall be inserted, namely:—
“3A. No adolescent shall be employed or permitted to work in any of the hazardous
occupations or processes set forth in the Schedule:
Provided that the Central Government may, by notification, specify the nature of
the non-hazardous work to which an adolescent may be permitted to work under this
As you can see that government is just showing that no child should work at any place under the age of 14 one one side and on other side he may work at his father’s shop or his father’s artist work.
Actually this amendment has a loop hole through a drunkard father can put his son or daughter at work and he can enjoy his worthless life and government can’t do anything here.
OPINION:- Come on our uppermost officials wake up and do something strict in this case because it is the decision maker of our future India.
Government should make some strict laws related to this topic so that we can save all those younger child’s who are losing their precious time in rag picking and can’t see the windows of hope.
We should try to spread the importance of education and employment to rural parents so that their should go schood instead of works..
NOTE:- I hope you would comment on it so that I can get other ideas also.. And please keep spreading this as much as possible..
THANKS FOR READING..